• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kmiimk

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I hope I do not get too complicated. Here goes.....

My boyfriend's brother took his truck (without permission) and ended up in an accident. It was his fault and he was sited and he does not have insurance.

My boyfriend has insurance to drive any car, but the insurance is on him, not on his vehicle (odd I know, I had never heard of that but it exists!).

What I would like to know is what is my boyfriend liable for if anything? The brother does not have any means of paying for the damage (no one was hurt). Could the other party involved sue my boyfriend since it was his truck.

If my boyfriend and I plan to marry next year and the other party sues, can the go after my property?

Someone please give me some good advice. Thanks.

HomeGuru

kmiimk said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I hope I do not get too complicated. Here goes.....

My boyfriend's brother took his truck (without permission) and ended up in an accident. It was his fault and he was sited and he does not have insurance.

My boyfriend has insurance to drive any car, but the insurance is on him, not on his vehicle (odd I know, I had never heard of that but it exists!).

What I would like to know is what is my boyfriend liable for if anything? The brother does not have any means of paying for the damage (no one was hurt). Could the other party involved sue my boyfriend since it was his truck.

If my boyfriend and I plan to marry next year and the other party sues, can the go after my property?

Someone please give me some good advice. Thanks.
**A: my advice is that you should not get married next year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">