• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who must pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hen520

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Currently suing for auto accident. Driver of the car that hit me was owned by another person. Both parties, owner and driver have insurance coverage with the same insurance company. I was informed that I can not collect on both polices because they live at the same address but are not related. Is this a fact or is the insurance company trying to get out of paying me both polices?:confused

JETX

In some states, the owners insurance covers any liablity incurred in an accident with his vehicle. In other states, the drivers insurance covers his liability. You can only collect from the ONE party who's insurance would apply in this case.

H

hen520

I hired an attorney who reported we could collect on both policies. The attorney working for the parties who are responsible even offered us both polices however at case evaluation we were told because they have the same insurance company and reside at the same address we can only collect on one. The reason why I'm suing both polices is because of the amount of my injuries which exceed over half million. Both polices together don't even put a dent into what I have suffered. Soon to have a spinal cord stimulator implant to control pain because someone didn't know how to read STOP or drive the post speed limit, not to mention the sudden change in life style and not capable of working because I can't walk or stand for any length of time. Did I mention that I didn't even speak with an attorney until 3 months post accident? Believe me I'm not a sue happy person and would gladly give any amount of money back to be the way I was prior to the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">