• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays medical bills?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dktunnel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA
My son was in an accident one year ago while a passenger in a friend's truck. They were both 16 at the time. It was a one car accident. The driver was going too fast and hit a bump in the road. The truck flipped over and landed against a tree. The driver was not hurt bad but my son had a fractured pelvis, fractured neck and pretty bad concussion. It could have been so much worse!! He was in the hospital for 3 days and was in a neck collar for 3 months. The driver had car insurance and we did too but we did not have health insurance. Our car insurance payed a small amount of the bill because PA is a "no fault" state. Where do we go from here to get the rest of the medical bills payed? Should the driver's car insurance co. pay for them? Do we have to sue or will they have to pay without being sued. We are not talking about "pain and suffering" just the thousands for the hospital stay and followup visits to the doctors. thank you!!

dktunnel

Another question

So I get in contact with the drivers insurance agent and tell them I want to file for payment of medical bills under their policy? When I last talked to the drivers agent she told me to file for something called Assigned Claims Plan. From what I could find on the internet, Assigned Claims is something from the PA state government. Thank you for responding!!

moburkes

Not sure what that is, to be honest. Instead of contacting the agent, contact the claims department. Look up the name of the company on the internet, and locate the claims phone #. Bypass the agent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">