• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays & what are our rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

too pumpkins

Three days ago my husband witnessed an attempted murder on a woman he did not know, the husband of this woman ran her over and hit my husbands car at the same time. The woman was attempting to get away from this man and tried to get in my husband's car but was struck before she got in. We have been told that our car was impounded because it is evidence in a murder case and it could be two months before we get it back depending upon if the woman dies. My question is can they do this and if so who is reponsible for paying for a rent-a-car while our car is impounded? I really need to mention that this happened on a military base and that we live in the state of GA. Also as I mentioned it happened three days ago and we do not have any information on the man who did this, the military police would not give us his name or insurance information because of the type of case. Though they did tell us they'd give the information to our insurance company, but they are not returning our insurance company's phone calls. Should we retain a lawyer for this type of situation? My husband was not injured but did have major back surgery 6 months prior and he is going to have a full examination done on his back just to make sure everything is okay. HELP!!!! Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">