• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who is reliable for the damages?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melrae13

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

While at a friends house late at night, one very intoxicated guy came over to the house and started a fight with another gentleman, who when he tried to leave, the intoxicated guy followed outside and jumped. A fight ensued and they ended up on top of my car. There is now extensive damage. I did not obtain a police report. Do I have any rights to have the man that started the fight to hold him reliable for the damages? Or even the other guy that fought back?

stephenk

get an estimate for the repairs and then sue both of them in small claims court. let the judge determine who should pay.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

In matters such as this, I tend to take the existentialist point of view; i.e., it was your fault for having your car parked there in the first place.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

Or The Nietzsche, Perspective, you WANTED your car to be in an accident and the force was so great that it compelled you to park in a manner and location as to bring your desire to fruition.

M

melrae13

If I did go to small claims would I need to sue both of them, or just the person that started the fight?

racer72

stephenk said:
what part of my post didnt you understand?
The OP was looking for someone reliable which is undeniable. Are you pliable but not unreliable? Your answer is viable, asking again is unjustafiable. He wants to be reliable, not liable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">