• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who is responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drepet

What is the name of your state? RI
i just purchased a suv from a dealer. after i got in an accident i then became aware the suv was not financed through a bank , not regestered or insured.
now the place where the car was towed called me and i gave them the dealers #

the dealear wants a new pay stub in order to get financed, the contract i sined was with a TX bank but i got a letter of denyal and are telling me to get insurence. what are my options

HomeGuru

drepet said:
What is the name of your state? RI
i just purchased a suv from a dealer. after i got in an accident i then became aware the suv was not financed through a bank , not regestered or insured.
now the place where the car was towed called me and i gave them the dealers #

the dealear wants a new pay stub in order to get financed, the contract i sined was with a TX bank but i got a letter of denyal and are telling me to get insurence. what are my options

**A: did you not have insurance on your own?

D

drepet

i have insurence but it never got formaly changed with the new vin i just got a letter from them telling me the financial instuite (not the one on the sale agreement) request my authorization to go ahead with the insurence.
will my insurence cover the damade or is it still under dealers insurence.

Z

zappy

How come i can get these things done in an hour and you can't?

You shoulda parked the suv in the driveway, cleared off the kitchen table, took the day off from work, Picked up the phone, and made absolutely sure you had insurance on it before you drove it again.

what is that so hard for you to do?

Oh YOU will have to pay for all the damages out of your pocket, unless it states in the contract the dealer must provide insurance for you.

Time to get a second or third job.....good luck

stephenk

How long did you have the suv before getting in an accident? If it was more than one day after purchasing the suv, you should not have been driving it.

You knew it was not insured but you gambled and lost.

Any insurance you get now will not cover any damage to the suv from the accident or protect you from any claim/s from the other vehicle occupants.

kat1963

You'll have to contact your provider. Some do give a grace period if you are *replacing* a vehicle on your insurance policy.
KAT

D

drepet

i had never cancled my insurence the dealer told me they only had to tell them the vin # and it would be all done. but because they actually never got me financed either it never went through.

so now what do i do insure? havent been financed yet

Z

zappy

Uh i hope you are not dumb enough to go to work tomorrow.

I would be on the phone with everyone, your insurance agent, the bank, the dealer, everyone....motor vehicles...everyone

all day, untill it gets done, and you get some answers, and some options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">