• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Maryland

In June 2005 I was in car accident. I was 7 months pregnant with my 3 year old and 10 year old in the car. I was at left turn signal where the arrow light was green as I proceeded to go through the light I was struck. My car spun around several times and I flew to the back seat. I suffered a c2 fracture. Now on the police report it says that I was making a U turn when I wasn't and it doesn't list what each of the witnesses say. When I spoke to the witness he said that all he saw was the actual collision. When I went to court for the traffic citations I received, they were dismissed and no witnesses showed up. Being that my tickets were dismissed my father's insurance company decided to deny the claim for the other driver. The other driver's insurance company has already denied my claim. What happens now? I have hired a lawyer, but haven't heard anything from them since we went to court for my citations. Am I liable if the light changed while I was in the middle of my left turn? What if my light was a solid green light on left and I was turning and didn't see any cars coming and then was hit? There are so many variations of things that could have happened. Looking at the damage to my car, speed was definetly a factor.

S

shell007

Based on what you described.....I don't understand how the other driver's insurance company denies anything.

Were you struck in the passenger side? or Did you strike the other vehicle?

If you had a green arrow, was the other driver sited for anything?

Did the other driver sustain any injury?

Am I liable if the light changed while I was in the middle of my left turn?
I would think yes. You would have been to far out into the intersection trying to beat the light, but the light beat you!

shellandty said:
Based on what you described.....I don't understand how the other driver's insurance company denies anything.

Were you struck in the passenger side? or Did you strike the other vehicle?
STRUCK ON PASSENGER SIDE
If you had a green arrow, was the other driver sited for anything? DRIVER WASN'T CITED

Did the other driver sustain any injury?

I'M NOT SURE

I would think yes. You would have been to far out into the intersection trying to beat the light, but the light beat you!
IF THE ARROW IS GREEN AS I'M GOING UNDER IT, HOW IS IT ME TRYING TO BEAT THE LIGHT. THE LIGHT ISN'T TURNING FROM GREEN ARROW-YELLOW ARROW-RED ARROW, IT'S TURNING GREEN ARROW-SOLID GREEN

File a claim with your own carrier for collision and for your medical injuries. Even if you were at fault for the accident, they still cover you up to your policy limits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">