+ Reply to Thread
    THEQUEEN is offline Junior Member

Who's At Fault For A Rearend Accident

What is the name of your state? wa

A Gentleman rear ended my daughters car. They stopped and got each others information, my daughter did have a friend in the car with her. The police werenít called as the gentleman didnít want a ticket and my daughter agreed not to call them being he had insurance. Heís now stating my daughter was driving like a loon to his insurance company. Theyíre now telling her they may not be paying for the whole repair bill yet they havenít even tried to contact her passenger for her account of the accident. What are her options here?

Thank you
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THEQUEEN
    What is the name of your state? wa

A Gentleman rear ended my daughters car. They stopped and got each others information, my daughter did have a friend in the car with her. The police werenít called as the gentleman didnít want a ticket and my daughter agreed not to call them being he had insurance. Heís now stating my daughter was driving like a loon to his insurance company. Theyíre now telling her they may not be paying for the whole repair bill yet they havenít even tried to contact her passenger for her account of the accident. What are her options here?

Thank you

My response:

Well, there you are! What took you so long?

Please explain, "was driving like a loon" and how that may have caused him to rear-end your daughter's vehicle?

IAAL

Loon

When she talked with his insurance company they claim she may be part at fault being as the gentlemen that hit her claimed, she was driving erratically and claimed she was trying to make a U turn in the middle of the road when she was pulling of the road on the right hand shoulder, damage to drivers side bumper and his passenger side front bumper. She said he said, at the time of the accident, he had a hard time stopping as he was falling to close and was towing a boat with his truck and hadnít accounted for the extra weight.

She knows his insurance company hasn't contacted the passenger in her vehicle because they never asked for her last name or a phone number for her.

Thank you again
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=THEQUEEN]

she was driving erratically

MY RESPONSE: Was she?

and claimed she was trying to make a U turn in the middle of the road when she was pulling of the road on the right hand shoulder,

MY RESPONSE: Did she do that?

damage to drivers side bumper and his passenger side front bumper.

MY RESPONSE: That's not a "rear end" collision. Why did you call this a "rear end" accident?

She said he said, at the time of the accident, he had a hard time stopping as he was falling to close and was towing a boat with his truck and hadnít accounted for the extra weight.

MY RESPONSE: Depending on your answers to the above, that may be a causative factor of the accident.

She knows his insurance company hasn't contacted the passenger in her vehicle because they never asked for her last name or a phone number for her.

MY RESPONSE: Okay. They don't need to. That's your daughter's job should this matter go to litigation.

IAAL

Thanks much

The gentlemans insurance did finally end up mailing a check for all the damages. Thanks much