• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's At Fault For A Rearend Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

THEQUEEN

What is the name of your state? wa

A Gentleman rear ended my daughters car. They stopped and got each others information, my daughter did have a friend in the car with her. The police weren’t called as the gentleman didn’t want a ticket and my daughter agreed not to call them being he had insurance. He’s now stating my daughter was driving like a loon to his insurance company. They’re now telling her they may not be paying for the whole repair bill yet they haven’t even tried to contact her passenger for her account of the accident. What are her options here?

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

THEQUEEN said:
What is the name of your state? wa

A Gentleman rear ended my daughters car. They stopped and got each others information, my daughter did have a friend in the car with her. The police weren’t called as the gentleman didn’t want a ticket and my daughter agreed not to call them being he had insurance. He’s now stating my daughter was driving like a loon to his insurance company. They’re now telling her they may not be paying for the whole repair bill yet they haven’t even tried to contact her passenger for her account of the accident. What are her options here?

Thank you

My response:

Well, there you are! What took you so long?

Please explain, "was driving like a loon" and how that may have caused him to rear-end your daughter's vehicle?

IAAL

THEQUEEN

Loon

When she talked with his insurance company they claim she may be part at fault being as the gentlemen that hit her claimed, she was driving erratically and claimed she was trying to make a U turn in the middle of the road when she was pulling of the road on the right hand shoulder, damage to drivers side bumper and his passenger side front bumper. She said he said, at the time of the accident, he had a hard time stopping as he was falling to close and was towing a boat with his truck and hadn’t accounted for the extra weight.

She knows his insurance company hasn't contacted the passenger in her vehicle because they never asked for her last name or a phone number for her.

Thank you again

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

THEQUEEN said:
she was driving erratically

MY RESPONSE: Was she?

and claimed she was trying to make a U turn in the middle of the road when she was pulling of the road on the right hand shoulder,

MY RESPONSE: Did she do that?

damage to drivers side bumper and his passenger side front bumper.

MY RESPONSE: That's not a "rear end" collision. Why did you call this a "rear end" accident?

She said he said, at the time of the accident, he had a hard time stopping as he was falling to close and was towing a boat with his truck and hadn’t accounted for the extra weight.

MY RESPONSE: Depending on your answers to the above, that may be a causative factor of the accident.

She knows his insurance company hasn't contacted the passenger in her vehicle because they never asked for her last name or a phone number for her.

MY RESPONSE: Okay. They don't need to. That's your daughter's job should this matter go to litigation.

IAAL

THEQUEEN

Thanks much

The gentlemans insurance did finally end up mailing a check for all the damages. Thanks much :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">