• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who's gonna pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nimiak

I recently got in a car accident in Los Angeles where the other party was apparently at fault. He was driving a rental car and the only auto insurance he has is Car Rental Insurance through his Visa Platinum Card. He doesn't own a car so doesn't have any normal auto insurance. Nor did he buy the liability insurance offered through the rental company. I just talked to Visa Platinum and they say their rental car insurance does not cover liability as mandated by California law. My question is how did the car rental company (Budget) let this person drive a car without showing proof of liability? Isn't that against the law? The damages to my car are estimated at $4000 and I have only liability coverage (no uninsured motorist coverage, which I now realize was a big mistake). What action should I take now in finding a responsibile party to pay for my damages?
Thanks in advance for you help.

L

lawrat

Well, very simple at this point:

You sue Budget AND the DRIVER -- via hiring an accident attorney. TRUST ME, they will pay.

http://www.attorneypages.com or LOS ANGELES branch of the California State Bar Association. Also, try the Los Angeles Bar Association

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">