• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whos Paying for what ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrod

What is the name of your state the name of my state is California, Ok i was driving and this gentleman from australia was changing lanes and i guess i was in his blind stop he hit me and took out he whole front of my car this was a rental car he had wreckage insurance on it and he told the officer that responded that he was at fault the problem is i had no insurance dose his rental insurance pay for any of my damages ?

jrod

jrod said:
What is the name of your state the name of my state is California, Ok i was driving and this gentleman from australia was changing lanes and i guess i was in his blind stop he hit me and took out the whole front of my car the car he was driving was a rental car he had wreckage insurance on it and he told the officer that responded that he was at fault the problem is i had no insurance dose his rental insurance pay for any of my damages ?

I apologize he just had the basic rental insurance that you can get from a rental company . i also got him to sign a statement that no one was injured cause no ne was and that he made an unsafe lane change and was ultimately at fault.

File a claim against the other driver through the rental company. Just because you are uninsured does not mean you can't have a claim if the other driver is at fault.

stephenk

Be prepared to have your license suspended for at least 6 months. The rental agency will be sure to file a SR-1 form with the DMV. You will then need to purchase insurance before your license will be reinstated. Start saving money because you will be eligible only for assigned risk insurance that is very expensive.

Well, that's correct. However, the OP hasn't indicated that he reported to anyone he was uninsured. I had an accident with another driver who was clearly at fault and never had to prove I had insurance, which, of course, I do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">