• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why a deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shamoe

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?IN

my husband was hit by an uninsured driver . we had uninsured motorist coverage on our policy . the insurance co. deemed our car a total loss. they offered my husband a settlement below what the fmv of the car was worth but before that they started deducting monies stating that they were not aware of a suspension that my husband had on 9-7-2001. we got the insurance on 11-27-2004. i want to know why they didn't check before we got the insurance? also for the deductible. if the car was totaled what is that for ? won't they get that back from the person they sue to recover their loss :mad:

teflon_jones

How long after you got the insurance policy did this happen?

It's up to your husband to sue the other party. The insurance company will provide representation on his behalf. If your husband recovers the deductible, then he keeps it and gives the rest to the insurance company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">