• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why not go to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mlock

What is the name of your state? NC
My wife and I were injured in an accident w/a tractor trailer truck. The driver admitted fault. The police report states had/were no contributing factor in factor in it. Our injuries were more substantial than the medical bills would suggest. Everything I've been reading suggests a settlement would be offered based on medical bills. If I were to go to court, does the jury give a rip what the insurance company's standard procedure for calculating P&I is? Do I even get a jury trial? From what I gather , most cases are settled out of court. If this is the case, why spend 35% + on lawer fees? Does anyone know of a source where I can actually read briefs of court cases to see how the work? What about a specific lawer's cases? Not too many questions I hope?

Thanks

R

reddenbakker

Its like asking:

Would you hire your auto mechanic to fix your roof? after all he is great with a hammer!

Thats why you hire a lawyer, to find out if you really do have injuries more then the bills indicate, OR are you trying to rip off the system.

YOU want money well how do you get money....???

well you EARN IT!

You earn it by going to the doctors, and making sure you get physical therepy, and then THEIR doctors will check you out to see if you are really hurt that badly. Then you have to go to every appointment no matter how much it hurts you in the pocket.

Think of it as a Baseball game that the rules change during the game... you are now in the bottom of the first its a long long way to a trial maybe years and years.

If you are ahead in the 5th inning the other side will buy the big hitters like Bonds, Sosa to try and beat you

If you are still ahead in the 8th inning, they might just settle. Because in the 9th when you go to trial.. all the players are off the field so its like home run derby, its either a home run or an out and those big hitters stike out a LOT..... ...scary isnt it!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">