• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will insurance go up if not at fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oehler

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oregon
I was in an accident on a bridge, I slid on metal grates after it rained. The bridge workers told me everytime it rains someone slides. I totalled my car, luckily no other vehicles were involved. The police didn't cite me or deem the accident my fault. Can my insurance rates go up if an accident isn't my fault, but it isn't anyone else's fault either-just bad weather. The county might also want me to pay for repairs to the bridge-am I liable?

Your insurance company will probably deem you at fault, even though the police didn't issue a citation.

Because you lost control of your vehicle and slid into the bridge due to the wet roadway, you were probably driving at a speed that was excessive for the current weather conditions. Otherwise, all of the vehicles traveling on the bridge would have lost control and crashed. And yes, you could be held liable for damages to the bridge. If so, your insurance company would pay those damages.

Call your agent and ask him what effect, if any, this accident will have on your rates,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">