• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Ky. pay for auto damage resulting from pothole damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I71 Casualty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky
Saturday evening just about 9:30 p.m. I hit a pothole on I71 near the 68 mile marker going s.b. Although I haven't had an opportunity to have the damages fully assessed yet I believe we're looking at only the tire and wheel that will need replacing. So as of right now I'd say total damage to be less than $500.00 and probably closer to $300.00 in needed repairs.
Can anyone tell me if the state of Ky. has any responsibility in this matter and where should I turn for compensation? Any advice is appreciated, thanks'.

OHRoadwarrior

As stated road hazard.

Be happy you got off so cheap. Had similar experience. Did $700 initial damage, then 6 mos later suspension piece snapped while going down highway causing additional $2000 in damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">