• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will a lawyer help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rbryant53

Will having a lawyer help obtain more compensation even after his 1/3 and doctor's cost supplyed by him than if I negoiated myself. I was also told the doctor's fee and the lawyer's fee will be paid by me from what ever compensation I recieve. Shouldn't the doctor be paid either by my insurance on my job or my auto insurance, or the person who was at fault insurance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rbryant53 said:
Will having a lawyer help obtain more compensation even after his 1/3 and doctor's cost supplyed by him than if I negoiated myself. I was also told the doctor's fee and the lawyer's fee will be paid by me from what ever compensation I recieve. Shouldn't the doctor be paid either by my insurance on my job or my auto insurance, or the person who was at fault insurance.
My response:

Are you looking for money, or are you looking for a "level playing field" ?

Unless you know the laws, and are a skilled negotiator, and know which evidence is important, then what you'd be doing is pitting yourself against an adjuster and / or a lawyer that defend claims for a living.

There are no guarantees in life; however, if experience is any guide, I'll tell you that I've seen more people get screwed by insurance adjusters than I care to say.

Good luck, and make the right decision for yourself.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">