• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will our personal Health Insurance pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Ltdsmokin

What is the name of your state? Texas
Several months ago, my wife was involved in a MVA where she was t-boned by a woman who came out of a parking lot, crossed two lanes of traffic and hit her in the 3rd lane. Traffic was stop and go, so my wife wasn't doing over 10 miles an hour. Both vehicles were totaled. (Ours-Cadillac, hers-large SUV) She was treated and released that day after having x-rays of the neck and head. Soft tissue damage was diagnosed and she received short term P.T. for neck injuries. Two months later she was admitted for severe back pain and was subsequently diagnosed with 2 herniated disks. She has never had back problems and all Doc's agrred it was related to the MVA. Last week she was re-admitted for severe back pain again, this time for 7 days. Same diagnosis and again, all Doc's blamed the accident. IF the other woman has the minimum amount of insurance and my wife's medical bills are more then the womans insurance allows, will our personal health insurance have to pay the remainder of the medical bills? 3 people were treated for this accident so I am sure the minimums won't cover the expenses.

Thanks in advance

C

CALGON_ANYONE?

Ltdsmokin said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
Several months ago, my wife was involved in a MVA where she was t-boned by a woman who came out of a parking lot, crossed two lanes of traffic and hit her in the 3rd lane. Traffic was stop and go, so my wife wasn't doing over 10 miles an hour. Both vehicles were totaled. (Ours-Cadillac, hers-large SUV) She was treated and released that day after having x-rays of the neck and head. Soft tissue damage was diagnosed and she received short term P.T. for neck injuries. Two months later she was admitted for severe back pain and was subsequently diagnosed with 2 herniated disks. She has never had back problems and all Doc's agrred it was related to the MVA. Last week she was re-admitted for severe back pain again, this time for 7 days. Same diagnosis and again, all Doc's blamed the accident. IF the other woman has the minimum amount of insurance and my wife's medical bills are more then the womans insurance allows, will our personal health insurance have to pay the remainder of the medical bills? 3 people were treated for this accident so I am sure the minimums won't cover the expenses.

You need to read your policy and see what is covered and what is not. Without knowing your policy no one can answer that. You also have the option of suing the driver at fault.

Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">