+ Reply to Thread
    SharlaLynn Guest

Wind Damage To A Neighbor's Car

I live in Arkansas. One weekend during a storm a neighbor is claiming that a piece of tin was blown from my property to theirs hitting their car. They tried to file on my homeowners, but they said that since they wind did it. They didn't cover it. Knowing that I'll be taken to small claims court...does anyone know if I'm liable? Please help! Thanks
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member

Re: Wind Damage To A Neighbor's Car

Originally posted by SharlaLynn
    I live in Arkansas. One weekend during a storm a neighbor is claiming that a piece of tin was blown from my property to theirs hitting their car. They tried to file on my homeowners, but they said that since they wind did it. They didn't cover it. Knowing that I'll be taken to small claims court...does anyone know if I'm liable? Please help! Thanks
    My response:

Unless you "wound up" like a Dodgers pitcher and purposefully threw the tin at their car, you're not liable.

So, let them take you to court. There is no negligence, and you'll win. At the very least, you'll have a lesson in "Civics" in seeing how your government and court system works. It'll be interesting, I assure you.

But, you'll walk out a winner.

IAAL
    Last edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE; 04-06-2002 at 05:03 PM.