• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is it wise to talk about an on going case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? new mexico.
Nothing unusual about my on going lawsuit, I have signed a contract with a lawyer, I m receiving medical treatment, doing what is asked of me. I have nothing to hide, however, can I ask questions,on this forum, directly relating to my case? Such as treatment options, amount to ask for, when to accept an offer, who is at fault, types of injuries, weather I have pain and suffering. Could these types of questions come back, and cause me problems? Im not referring to forum rules. Im referring to what is prudent. This may sound laughable, or that I m paronoid, but I feel this is a reasonable questions. i did however bang my head, and am very confused at times. Normally, I would not discuss my case with anyone, except my lawyer, but I have found this forum very very valuable in terms of information. Also, please, I ask you, am I presenting my issues in a clear, balanced manner?

las365

Ask your attorney whether he would advise that you post details about your case on a public internet forum.

When he peels himself off the ceiling, ask him the questions that you have.

ecmst12

I would say that general questions are ok to ask here. Also about the facts of the accident and who is at fault. But specific questions about your injuries/treatments/BI claim should go to your doctor or your lawyer.

I would also suggest NOT posting any identifying details about yourself or the other party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">