• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman claiming back/neck injury in a minor rear-end accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rei22

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I rear-ended someone at a stop-sign yesterday. There wasn't any damage to my car, but their rear bumper had about 3-4 indentions/spikes. They were about 2-3 millimeters in depth. I was going no more than 5 mph when I hit them. Looking at the damage, there was no more than $500 worth of damage.

We didn't call the police as it was a minor accident, but now, she has filed a claim against me, citing various medical injuries. I feel that there was no possible way she could have so many injuries, and I think she is a scam.

My question is...how much can I expect my insurance rates (I'm with Allstate) to go up after this accident (which I thought was minor)? Will it go up even more if she successfully claims/proves medical injury?

I'm 24, male, with a good driving record, except for 1 accident in which somebody hit my parked car while backing out of a parking lot, which was obviously 100% their fault.

I'd appreciate any advice you'll could give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">