• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workman's comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zubbie

also during all of this (from my 1st question)I worked as a CNA private duty.When I was in my clients home I was helping a paralize man out of bed. I moved his electric wheelchair near the bed to get him out, the chair jolted an ran over my other foot. ( the good one ) I reported it right away to my Co. Who after 12hrs. sent me to the ER.They did not know where to send me on a Saturday,occupational health was closed.
The ER took x-rays and said it was badly bruised, gave me a shot for pain and told me to see my PCP and to go back to work. I took off the next day because the pain was so bad,the toe nails were black. They were black in the ER. After 1 month of complaining to the Co. they sent me to occupational health . The Dr. said it was broke and would not touch it. He sent me to a podiatrist. Who removed the toe nails and took x-rays, the foot was crushed.I had my sesmoid crushed,bunionetomy,repairs of tendons,ligamints,pins in my foot, 57 stitches, 2casts and the foot is still not 100%. The workman's comp sent me for a second opinion, they all say I have nerve damage, now they sent me to a pain center who said I have RSD. They ( workman's comp )want another opinion, This is 1yr later,I have not returned to work, my Co. sold out to another agency, who did not hire me back,
for health reasons. Do you see a case here, and how many opinions do workman's comp need before they fix my foot, HELP.... still limping in Pennsylvania. Also after the chair ran over my foot,while a was standing there in pain, my client stated to me he had the chair fixed so he could run with is dog/companion.

M

maritimelaw

Dear CNA: Get in touch with a worker's compensation attorney where you live. Many attorneys will practice other areas but will include worker's compensation work in their repotoire. The worker's comp attorney may tell you that you have a claim for retaliatory discharge despite the nursing agency changing corporate names. Do yourself and those you support a favor and contact a worker's compensation attorney. She won't charge you for the consultation and it will be the best 1 our 2 hours of your time you will spend in a long time.

Ask the attorney if she thinks the doctor committed malpractice by misdiagnosing your crushed foot. You may have a claim for medical malpractice but you must not delay in discussing this issue with the attorney. This type of case has a very short time for filing papers to recover your damages. If you don't file those papers in time you will be forever barred from bringing suit. The same is true for the retaliatory discharge and also for the worker's compensation claim. Get advice from a local attorney and do it right away.

Kevin Griffin, Esquire
Pensacola, Fl www.admiraltyinjury.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">