• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wreaked freinds car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scraper

my friend got a new car and let me barrow it and i wreaked it and i want to pay for it. but it is really expensive what is the best way. happened in virginia

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

scraper said:
my friend got a new car and let me barrow it and i wreaked it and i want to pay for it. but it is really expensive what is the best way. happened in virginia
My response:

So, you "wrecked" his car.

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "the best way" to pay for his damages that you caused ?

Paying the Auto Body Shop with cash, check, or money order do quite nicely.

IAAL

S

scraper

what i mean is, is it better to let his insurance cover it and pay him back or pay the autobody shop bill, or take the payments over on the car and get the car in my name and let his insurance company pay to get the car fixed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

scraper said:
what i mean is, is it better to let his insurance cover it and pay him back or pay the autobody shop bill, or take the payments over on the car and get the car in my name and let his insurance company pay to get the car fixed.
My response:

The only way I can answer this for you is by telling you that any method that the two of you can agree to is the best method. If his insurance pays, then you pay him the deductible, and you'll be getting a call from his insurance company for reimbursement. Or, you can leave the insurance company out of it altogether, and just pay the Body Shop directly.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, it really doesn't matter. It's all money, and it's all going to come out of your pocket in one manner or the other. So, whatever method you two guys agree to is the way to handle this situation.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">