• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrecked car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mark Shull

What is the name of your state? Texas

I had an accident which totaled my car. The insurance adjuster is offering $7500.00 for my car, but to buy an replacement will cost $9500.00 or in that ballpark. Is there any way to get the insurance to pay for replacement of the car I lost?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mark Shull said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I had an accident which totaled my car. The insurance adjuster is offering $7500.00 for my car, but to buy an replacement will cost $9500.00 or in that ballpark. Is there any way to get the insurance to pay for replacement of the car I lost?

My response:

. . . only if you can prove that your car is "worth" more money. Insurance companies are only obligated to pay the "fair market value" of a vehicle. It is not their obligation to pay for a replacement vehicle all because you're "upside down" on the loan.

IAAL

H

hjccj

I recently got into a accident where my 2000 accord was totalled... My insurance company was only going to give me the blue book value of my car, but my car was worth much more. I got legal advice and they told me to look in the newspaper ad's for the highest selling price of the car I totalled. I ended up getting $18,600 minus my deductable which was $500. So I was extremely happy...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">