• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WRECKER DAMAGED CAR DURING REPOSSESION

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BONDS007

I RECENTLY DIVORCED. I GOT MY CAR IN THE DIVORCE. MY EX-HUSBAND AGREED IN THE DIVORCE TO MAKE THE CAR PAYMENT AND PAY THE INSURANCE UNTIL THE CAR WAS PAID OFF. I ONLY OWED ABOUT THREE PAYMENTS ON THE CAR. HE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION OR KNOWLEDGE, WENT TO THE CREDIT UNION AND USING MY CAR AS COLLATERAL PAID OFF HIS CAR LOAN AND ANOTHER LOAN WHICH PUT ABOUT $3,000 MORE ON MY CAR. THE AGREEMENT WITH THE CREDIT UNION WAS IN BOTH OUR NAMES AND SO IS THE TITLE. I DON'T KNOW IF THAT WAS LEGAL?WHEN I CALLED TO SEE IF HE WAS MAKING THE PAYMENTS, THEY TOLD ME HE HAD REFINANCED AND I WAS NO LONGER ON IT AND THEY COULD'NT TELL ME IF HE WAS MAKING THE PAYMENTS OR NOT. WHEN I ASK HIM, HE SAID HE WAS. BUT, HE DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENTS AND THEY REPOSESSED THE CAR ONE FRIDAY. ON MONDAY I TOOK THE OVER $1,000 NEEDED TO GET MY CAR BACK TO A LOCAL BRANCH AND WENT TO GET IT BACK AT THE BRANCH IT WAS TAKEN TO. WHEN I ARRIVED, THE FRONT BUMPER HAD BEEN DAMAGED BY THE WRECKER.I MADE A POLICE REPORT AT THAT TIME.
HE HAS NO INSURANCE AND THE CREDIT UNION KEEPS PUTTING ME OFF IN EFFORTS TO MAKE HIM PAY. THEY HAVE ALSO TRIED TO MAKE ME FEEL THAT SMALL CLAIMS COURT IS JUST A BIG MESS. THEY CONTRACTED HIM TO REPO THE CAR, SO ARE THEY NOT LIABLE?
I NEED ADVICE.....

[Edited by BONDS007 on 12-05-2000 at 07:42 PM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please help us to help you. To help us, please take your Cap Lock off and re-type your post. This will help to increase your chances for a response to your post. We thank you for your kind cooperation.

Also, do you see that writing in RED up there? Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">