• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Written - Settled Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

syda

What is the name of your state? New York

Recently I hit a car, which was illegally parked in my driveway and after 1 month of negotiating I arranged to have the owner of the hit car meet me to do repairs on his car. After a few hours of bargaining we settled on the amount of $275 for the repairs as that was the best estimate I had received. On the back of his business card he signed off stating:

"I have received the amount of $275 from [Syda] for the repairs of the Toyota Highlander Bumper damage - Paid in full --[Signed and Dated]--"

Just this morning, one week later, I receive another call from this guy asking now for my insurance policy number. I then refused to do so and he said something about police reports. I thought my whole reason for settling was to not get my insurance rates jacked up.

Am I legally responsible to even do anything further here? And if not, how can I put a stop to this guy calling me?

JETX

"Am I legally responsible to even do anything further here?"
*** Based solely on the information in your post, no.

"And if not, how can I put a stop to this guy calling me?"
*** Of course you can't force someone else to no call you. Your only option would be to get your phone number changed or to let your answering machine screen his calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">