• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong claim Info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bean456

I filed an insurance claim because a friend crashed my car. The story she's telling me now is different than what I stated in the claim. The repairs were already done and I got my car back but I'm afraid that her constantly changing her story will get me in trouble. I was just wondering if there was anyway to withdraw my claim and reverse the payment of the repairs by my insurance company so I can pay it and not risk having to deal with any possible fraud she may be setting me up for?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

bean456

California

She told me she had taken my car out after I had gone to sleep in order to pick a friend up from somewhere and crashed it because she fell asleep at the wheel. I'm hearing different stories from other people and I haven't been able to get a hold of her since I told her I was reporting it to my insurance company.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

She told me she had taken my car out after I had gone to sleep in order to pick a friend up from somewhere and crashed it because she fell asleep at the wheel. I'm hearing different stories from other people and I haven't been able to get a hold of her since I told her I was reporting it to my insurance company.
Your insurance company already has her story...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">