• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong information on traffic citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

capucine

What is the name of your state? FL

Hi,

I recently hit a car as I was parking. I parked my car next to the car I hit and checked the damage. I found no damage (turns out there was minor damage at the front because there was a cement bump in front of the parked car), so I left my car parked right there and went to run my errands.
I now have to go to court for a hit and run. The report states in error that I hit the car as I was backing out and left the scene. There is a tape available that shows the incident, however the Court would have to request it.
I don't want to be judged on the wrong information in Court (I was given no option to submit my corrections to the report), however I don't want to have to hire a lawyer and have this go on for ever (if I bring up the corrections in Court). What are my options?

C

capucine

Does asking the Court to subpoena the tape require me to plead non-guilty first and therefore get a lawyer and extend the length of the "trial"? From what I was told, I only go to Court first to hear what my charges are... or will I have the option to give my corrections on the report at that time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">