• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful charge, should I fight it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joshso

I was recently in an accident, (minor). No other vehicles were involved. I hit a large snow drift which pulled my car off the road, causing me to hit a bench. My insurance company informed me that I did not have to file an accident report, but should. So I did. I was charged with failure to control! I was not speeding, it was extremly bad weather, the bench is made of concrete and not damaged at all. Should I fight this. I don't want the points on my driving record.

H

hexeliebe

What you want and what is the law are two different things. You are not under control of a vehicle if you are going fast enough NOT TO NOTICE there is a snow dift large enough to cause you to have an accident.

You ahead and fight this. You'll lose.

J

joshso

Well if every car that hits a curb or goes off the road is not charged, why is this any different. Do you honestly think that I have no chance to win?

H

hexeliebe

And if everyone who went 71 in a 70 was given a ticket the world would be a safer place.

I don't repeat myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">