• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debralgaide

What is the name of your state? AZ

My brother was 36 years old and he lived in Florida and so did I when this occurred. He was my only brother and he lived with me. I was the beneficiary of his will. I was able to pay for his burial thank the good Lord above!

It has taken me over two years of my life to accept his death and I am finally strong enough to move on. However, the man that ran over him didn't even get a ticket.

He was traveling north bound and came to a red light and didn't stop he hit vehicle number 1 and then he kept going while turning left because he couldn't go foward because it was a dead end street and hit another car. That finally stopped him in the median. He then got out of the car and was crossing the street and was struck by an oncoming vehicle.

He had no kids nor was he married. Our father is not alive and my mother lives in Fl.

After his vehicle was towed, I then had it towed to my mechanic because I believed his brakes were gone and the mechanic agreed in writing that he believed they were too.

Because my brother lived with me, I witnessed him putting brake fluid in the car several days prior to the accident.

Last edited:

Z

zappy

That finally stopped him in the median. He then got out of the car and was crossing the street and was struck by an oncoming vehicle.
===================

so? he didnt have a flashlight, flares, or anyway for the oncoming car to see him.

The more you explain this, the more your brother is at fault for putting himself in the line of fire to get run over.

racer72

One question and one comment.

Q: How often did he have to put brake fluid in his car? A normal automobile in proper operation condition should never have have brake fluid added. Brake master cylinders are required by law to hold a 50% excess reserve of capacity of what would be required for the brake to work with the brake pad totally worn out.

C: You have no legal authority to sue for wrongful death. Generally only a spouse, the person's minor children or parent's if the person killed was a minor are allowed by law to sue. And the person suing must prove willful negligence also. You do not and would not have grounds to sue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">