• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death? in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grandaughter

In March my grandmother was injured in an accident by a lady who admitted to running a stop sign. She broadsided the van my grandmother was a passenger in (as was my grandfather, great uncle and aunt and 2 family friends). One friend was killed instantly and on July 23 my grandmother passed away as a result of the accident. What legal rights do we have. Her insurance company wants to settle and we're not sure we should yet?

Hope you can offer some kind of advice.

ALawyer

PLEASE read the questions on FreeAdvice.com about Auto Accidents and handling the negotiations with the insurance company by yourself.

Sure they want to settle. The insurance companies really like settling with people who are ignorant of their rights and clueless as to the value of the case.

In this case the pain and suffering before her death, as well as the death itself would be likely to point to a big settlement. However, the value of the case always depends on the facts, the location, the total amount of insurance coverage, the wealth of the defendant, and the assets and insurance of any one else in any way at least partially responsible -- plus the skill of the counsel invloved.

PLEASE see a lawyer who knows accident law. Look at http://AttorneyPages.com first!

[Edited by ALawyer on 11-16-2000 at 02:25 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">