• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death/personal injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

prtybrwniz2

What is the name of your state? My state is Mississippi. My friend's father was hit by a driver of a 18-wheeler truck and died 2 weeks later as a result. the driver was speeding and ran a stop sign and hit my friend's father while he was walking. my question is how does tort reform in mississippi affect a settlement case like this in mississippi.

P

prtybrwniz2

prtybrwniz2 said:
What is the name of your state? My state is Mississippi. My friend's father was hit by a driver of a 18-wheeler truck and died 2 weeks later as a result. the driver was speeding and ran a stop sign and hit my friend's father while he was walking. my question is how does tort reform in mississippi affect a settlement case like this in mississippi. does she and her siblings have to settle for a compensation that is capped off by the state for the loss of their father? What is the maximum compensation for life under new tort reform laws in Mississippi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">