• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hellohkitten

What is the name of your state?WA

The accident happened in Gary, IN.

I was involved in a fender bender with a woman and both of our cars were damaged. She, however, left the scene before the police could arrive and do a report. She had my contact info but only left me her name and phone number without the area code, and it was hardly legible. The officers told me that no guilt could be placed on anyone since she left the scene, so I shouldn't worry. I recieved a threatening voicemail on my phone after I told her this. I again contacted the police, and they assured I can't be held responsible. The accident occured in the process of my move to WA, and my address and phone number changed, so I didn't recieve any notice that this woman was suing me, until a letter arrived(redirected to my new address from my old one) that said I owe the woman almost $1000.00 in damages and court costs because I did not show up for the court date (which I was unaware of because I had relocated and my contact info had changed). What on Earth do I do????

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">