• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accused of Non-Sufficient Check But Money was and is Always There

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debsue

Texas
March 1, I paid an Ins. bill the same way as I always pay it, web payment, nothing has changed same account and all. They never had a problem before, I received a Notice of Non- Sufficient funds check,{March11) Plus they added a 25.00 charge. The funds were and always in my account.

So, I called my bank, The bank said they (the ins. co) never tried to collect.

March 11, I called Ins.co and explained to them what the bank said and They [the ins. Co] removed the 25.00 fee , the ins co lady told me they just send that type of notice out when they cant collect for any reason. ,Ok I gave her all of my bank info over the phone so she could run it again.

Here it is March 19 and they still have not taken the money. I am not really sure what to do now.

Funny thing in that notice I received, it stated that they must receive a cashiers check in 5 days to keep my insurance coverage , By the way it is home owners ins. And I live in Texas where a lot of folks got flooded., BUT my property is high and dry.

I have no idea what to do next.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I find it hard to believe that they would try to drop me they have no reason to....I think it is more of a computer baking error
I'm not speaking to any possible ulterior motive or other cause. I'm simply speaking to the fact that, if the money hasn't been paid, then the money hasn't been paid.

debsue

I'm not speaking to any possible ulterior motive or other cause. I'm simply speaking to the fact that, if the money hasn't been paid, then the money hasn't been paid.
Yes I agree, it hasn't been paid...The ins. co says it's paid but I know it's not, The money is still sitting in my bank.

I spoke to the Ins.co again and she said they couldn't find the bank acc. so it looks like a a routing # issue, odd thing they have been using the same info for over a year, go figure why it went a bit goofy this time...
But They should have told me that in the first place instead of sending me NIF and adding a 25.00 penalty...Sending me that NIF is what really ticked me off, when I knew the money is there. I just have never had that happen...

This is just a good lesson for me to pay cash next time.:):)

debsue

Yeepee :D Everything has worked out.

a missing # in the routing was the problem.

Thank everyone for their input.::) Aggressively staying on top of things really helped get this matter worked out..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">