• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assigned Ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Georgia and Massachusetts

Being sued by Commonwealth Receivables Inc. out of Mass. on a UCNB Visa card. My defense is SOL being up and prepared to fight with Georgia section codes in order. My questions are 1.) Can the judge proceed with Massachusetts statues or only GA codes (GA court is where it will be held) and 2.) What does Assigned Ownership mean by Commonwealth Receivables. Does this mean they purchased the account for collection?

And what are the rules of Court when needing someone else to speak for you (defend you) when they know what they are talking about but they are not an attorney. Can you have a special personal representative to speak for you another words.

Help.....court is this Wednesday.

Ladynred

If you're being sued in GA, then GA law is going to apply.

"Assigned Ownership" - not sure, they invent all kinds of terms but it sounds to me like they've only been assigned the debt.

No one else is going to be able to speak FOR you, unless he/she is an attorney. You're going to have to make your own case. Have the knowledgable person write down whatever it is you need to defend so YOU can use it in court.

If the SOL has expired, that's your #1 defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">