• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank account inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Weazelguy

Hello,
I am sorry if I am off-topic, but I don't know where else to go for free advice.

I am from Romania and my great-grandfather worked in the US for 10 years a long time ago. He managed to save a nice amount of money, which he placed in a bank account in Switzerland. He died and nobody from the family was interested in the bank account he had, except for my grand-father, who sent a few letters to try to find out what happened to the money, but he was given no answer.

This is where, I hope, you can help me. Is there anything I can do to get the bank account back in the family?

Thank you!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello,
I am sorry if I am off-topic, but I don't know where else to go for free advice.

I am from Romania and my great-grandfather worked in the US for 10 years a long time ago. He managed to save a nice amount of money, which he placed in a bank account in Switzerland. He died and nobody from the family was interested in the bank account he had, except for my grand-father, who sent a few letters to try to find out what happened to the money, but he was given no answer.

This is where, I hope, you can help me. Is there anything I can do to get the bank account back in the family?

Thank you!
I'm sorry, but this forum is for US law only...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">