• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank Account Levy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mimille

What is the name of your state? CA

How do I find a bank account to levy?

Ladynred

Well, this may not be easy, but probably the easiest way to get bank information is to send the debtor a set of interrogatories. These are basically a set of questions that they MUST answer or they're in contempt of court and could be arrested. In these interrogatories, you're allowed to ask for just about anything, including revealing where bank accounts are, what the account numbers are and how much $$ is in them. You also get to ask about any other assets the person may have.

The interrogatories must be formatted and filed according to your state's laws.

Once you have that information, you get a writ from the court to levy the bank account(s).

M

mimille

Ban Account Levy

Once the person knows that I have his bank account information, he would empty the account. Is there any other way that I can find out without the person knowing?

Ladynred

You'd have to do an asset search which may or may not turn up bank accounts. You can get lots of information by searching public records using sites like KnowX.com.

Have you ever gotten a check from this person ?

Does this person work ? You can get a writ of garnishment and he/she wouldn't know it was coming until it was too late.

Perhaps JetX will contribute his knowledge here - he collects on judgments for a living !!

M

mimille

bank levy

So basically it's nearly impossible to find a checking account without any knowledge of where the person might be banking?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">