• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank didn't report loan payoff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

betty65605

What is the name of your state? Missouri
In July I paid off an auto loan & asked them to report it to the credit agency. I made this request 3 times verbally & one time in writing, however as of today, Apr 6th, they have not reported it. I had co-signed another loan which the person defaulted on, and because the other loan was not reported, I am unable to secure a loan to pay off the bad one. I also have some medical bills that need to be paid & can't get credit for those either!
Do I have any legal recourse against the bank?

bigun

First of all, not all lenders report. Ask your bank if, they do report.
There is no law that says, you must report to the CRA's. Just, if you report it must be accurate.

B

betty65605

This particular lender reports to the credit bureau if you ask them to. When the defaulted loan was re-written, it was reported on my daughter's credit, but not mine. Then when I paid off my personal auto loan & asked them to report, they never did. I made a total of 4 requests, three verbal & one written request. The loan I paid off had a high of $8900, so by them not reporting it for me, it really hurt me because I had no existing good credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">