• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank loan disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtidwell6650

I got approved for a signature loan through Weokie Credit Union in Midwest City, Oklahoma. My approval includes me refinancing my auto.I was notified that my loan was being with held because my Title is registered with my tribe the United Keetoowah Band of Oklahoma. I was told the only way that I could have funds made available to me is if I register my auto title with the State of Oklahoma. The bank would not provide me with any disclosures policies or laws that prohibits tribal registration on my vehicle. I this legal.

adjusterjack

Yes, it's legal.

When you borrow money, the lender sets the terms.

If you don't agree to the terms you don't get the money.

The reason the lender wants your vehicle titled with the state is because it's the only way that the lender can perfect a lien if you default.

The lender knows darn well that the tribal government would not cooperate with a non-tribal business that wants to take legal ownership of a defaulting native American.

Bottom line: You want the money, title your car with the DMV of the State of Oklahoma.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">