• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank takes money out of my account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Danisdan

What is the name of your state? Florida
Can a bank take your money out your saving account if you or over limit on your credit card?

Debt Guy

Probably. 99.9% of all bank deposit agreements (savings and checking) provide for what is called a "right of offset". That means if you owe money to the bank and don't pay, the bank has the right to offset your debt against your money on deposit.

Danisdan

So that means there is nothing I can do to get my money back they toke or stop them from taking more of my money?

mb94

Pay back the amount that is over limit on the credit card and they'll stop taking it from the savings account!

Ladynred

Or.. close the bank accounts and put them in another bank, then they would have no right of set-off for your overages or delinquent debts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">