• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA calling for third party at wrong phone number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh1965

What is the name of your state? AZ ... What can a person do regarding harassing collection phone calls made to their home, which is a collection call for a family member that does not reside at this home or phone number ? Have repeatedly advised this CA not to call, and this time they advised that they will continue to call daily. Advised CA is harassment, and will take them to court and the CA said lady, im gonna call you every day until you give me this (third party's) persons phone number (which there isnt one). The CA insisted this third party resides at my home, however this person has never resided at this number. Requested callers name adrss and phone number, and CA refused. This has been happening for several months, and they continue to call daily and or several times a week. Cannot put anything in writing to request removal of phone number from their list due to they will not give their info (demanded my phone # be removed and CA stated they cannot delete number without placing valid new number in there. This CA rep really flew off the handle today when they called, screaming very loudly at both me and my young son (who happend to answer the phonecall) and I will not tolerate any further harassing and annoying calls, of which are not my collection phone calls to begin with! Can anything be done legally to stop these calls and is what they are doing to me and my family legal? Thanks...

ShyCat

I like the airhorn idea!

Another suggestion is to call your phone company. I had a similar situation -- they were even calling at 4 A.M.! The phone company representative was very sympathetic and told me to tell the caller that if they ever called again, the phone company would put a trap on my phone to log the harrassing phone calls for prosecution evidence. It worked; I never heard from those bozos again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">