• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA trying to collect on medical bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jqlynn

What is the name of your state? Alaska
in Dec of 2000 i was pregant and on medicaid I went into the hospital I did not have any stickers yet. Our hospital here bills from three seperate companies. Two of the companies are in the same building. The third is seperate. I had been getting monthly statements from all three. In July I had finaly recieved a retro letter to send to these companies that says that I was covered for the month of Dec. I did not send the letters certified but I did send them. I was in labor at the time and not thinking strait. I did not get a statement from anyone from that point on. I didn't get a phone call or anything either. Until June of 2002 when I was contacted by a CA stateing that I owed money to the hospital. Now I checked up and one of the companies had gotten the letter but the two companies in the same building did not get the letter. They only have a year after the date of service to bill medicaid. I talked to my case worker and he told me that they need to bill medicaid. But when I talked to the upper people in mediciad they said it would not be covered because I did not have proof that I sent the retro letter. My question is what are my options??? I started making payments because my husband and I just bought a house and we had to show that we were making payments. I really do not believe that this is my responcibilty. I work for a doctor and I know that when you bill medicaid that you receive less than if you bill that person. I am wondering if that is the reason they are trying to get the money from me instead of billing mediciad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">