• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I open a new bank account anywhere?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pdfbankrupt

What is the name of your state?Florida

I am a newbie, here, so please bear with me. I recently filed a Ch 13, here in Florida and my bank accounts have been closed due to the credit card debts on visas from the bank. I have been using this bank for over 20 years and talking with them throughout this. Everything was fine till today, when I went to deposit a paper payroll check I received and was simply told it could not be deposited. I had to go back home and call the bank, then the same woman who told me just a month ago that all was fine because it was a Ch 13 and being paid back told me they closed the account due to the bankruptcy. I even tried to open a new account at another bank and was honest and told the man my circumstances. Without even doing any paperwork, I was denied, told until it was discharged (5 yrs from now) I would not be able to open one.

My question is can I open an account anywhere else? I do a lot of online work that only pays by direct deposit and now I have no account to deposit them in. Also, money is very tight, of course, and I cannot afford to be paying out $23 to cash this check. Does anyone know of any place that I might be able to open an account at? I don't care if I have to mail the check there to deposit it!!

seniorjudge

Q: My question is can I open an account anywhere else?

A: Yes, if the bank and the bankruptcy trustee both agree to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">