• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I somehow cash a business check without a bank account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carol123

I am a managing agent for a small private foreign corporation. I own all the corporation's stock so I am the "anonymous owner" of the corporation The corporation was set up almost 20 years ago by an offshore company that used to set up offshore corporation but that company folded and disappeared. They set up this foreign corporation with people in the country this corporation was registered in not with anyone I know.

As a managing agent I set up a brokerage account for this foreign corporation and totally funded that account with my funds. The foreign corporation does NOT have a bank account as it has no income and no payables, it ONLY has the one brokerage account as its total assets. I now want to close out the brokerage account and take all the funds from that account as they are MY funds.

BUT I am having an impossible time opening a bank account ANYWHERE in the world as I cannot get ANY paperwork from the principles of this foreign corporation because I do not know who they are or where they are. Further I am not even sure this corporation is even active anymore since there have been no registration fees paid for years so it probably doesn't even exist anymore.

I am now stuck with my funds tied up in a brokerage account in the name of the foreign corporation and NO WAY to open a bank account to get my funds out of the brokerage account.

WHAT CAN I DO?

I just need to cash ONE check for the liquidation of the brokerage account. I tried endorsing a check made out to the foreign corporation and making the check payable to myself but the bank refused to accept it because the corporation was not named on my personal account.

Is there anyway (even a check cashing company, some escrow account, ?????) that someone can cash a check made out to the corporation for me? I don't know what else to do being I can't open a bank account for it. What else can I do????

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry, this forum is for US law only. Furthermore, we are unable to assist in what may be seen as money laundering.

justalayman

so you are somehow the managing agent of this foreign corporation. You claim to own all the stock of the corporation yet you know nothing about the corporation you claim to have somehow obtained all of the stock. Amazing.

I now want to close out the brokerage account and take all the funds from that account as they are MY funds.
No...no they're not.

Sounds like you put your money in a lock box and threw away the key.

carol123

Sorry, this forum is for US law only. Furthermore, we are unable to assist in what may be seen as money laundering.
:mad: No you have no idea of what money laundering is if you think this is money laundering.

Money laundering is defined thus .... "Money laundering is the generic term used to describe the process by which criminals disguise the original ownership and control of the proceeds of criminal conduct by making such proceeds appear to have derived from a legitimate source."

What I have done is totally legal albeit I have gotten myself into a bad situation because the company that created this foreign company went out of business and left me high and dry but everything I did is still quite legal, moral, and ethical. People use offshore entities all the time for varied reasons including legally asset protection! Just because you are not aware of using offshore entities does NOT mean it is illegal, unlawful, or money laundering.

The money in this brokerage account was derived from actual legal work that was taxed and is legitimate therefore NO MONEY LAUDERING!

carol123

Did you read my post. I am in the US and am looking for a US solution so how is my question NOT about US law? duh:mad:

Zigner

Did you read my post. I am in the US and am looking for a US solution so how is my question NOT about US law? duh:mad:
Where in your post did you state that this was related to US law? Nowhere. In fact, you took an active step to ERASE the question asking you to give us the name of your state, which would indicate that you may not be in the US. Furthermore, you stated that you have been searching worldwide for a bank.

DUH :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

carol123

Where in your post did you state that this was related to US law? Nowhere. In fact, you took an active step to ERASE the question asking you to give us the name of your state, which would indicate that you may not be in the US. Furthermore, you stated that you have been searching worldwide for a bank.

DUH :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well duh why would I come to this forum to ask a question if I wasn't in the US. I deleted the state because the state doesn't matter for my question. And yes worldwide WOULD include the US unless the US is no longer in the world?

carol123

Well duh why would I come to this forum to ask a question if I wasn't in the US. I deleted the state because the state doesn't matter for my question. And yes worldwide WOULD include the US unless the US is no longer in the world?
Further I was pointed to this forum by a lawyer who told me that many lawyers frequent this forum. I guess he was wrong as obviously none of the responders know a thing about international law, business law, corporate law, or banking law.

I guess I will have to go somewhere else to find "legal" advise as certainly you two have NO legal knowledge.

Zigner

Further I was pointed to this forum by a lawyer who told me that many lawyers frequent this forum. I guess he was wrong as obviously none of the responders know a thing about international law, business law, corporate law, or banking law.

I guess I will have to go somewhere else to find "legal" advise as certainly you two have NO legal knowledge.
Interestingly enough, yours isn't a legal question :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Silverplum

What does Q4P mean?

LdiJ

Who has been paying tax on the capital gains and losses in the brokerage account?

Zigner

I'll throw a bone to the rude one...

Why can't the 100% owner of a corporation open up a corporate checking account?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">