• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Best Buy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mobileone

I was scammed. A company called Consist Consulting offered me a job. I accepted.

They asked me to buy $10,000 in gift cards at Best Buy. They said it was to buy computers for a new office.

Consist Consulting gave me a bank account number to use for reimbursement.

I bought the gift cards and sent them a photograph of the cards. They immediately used them to buy computers, without actually having the cards. The value of the cards went to zero.

Their bank account had no money. I was not reimbursed.

I was then out of $10,000.

Can I sue Best Buy for $10,000 for letting someone use the numbers without actually having the gift cards?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What makes you think Best Buy "let" them do anything?

You got scammed by a super-obvious scam. But Best Buy isn't the one at fault here.

ShyCat

Can I sue Best Buy for $10,000 for letting someone use the numbers without actually having the gift cards?
It is not unusual for online orders to be paid by gift cards. What verification do you believe is possible for Best Buy to do that would have prevented you from being scammed by someone else? Best Buy has zero responsibility for this scam.

I was scammed. A company called Consist Consulting offered me a job. I accepted.

They asked me to buy $10,000 in gift cards at Best Buy. They said it was to buy computers for a new office.

Consist Consulting gave me a bank account number to use for reimbursement.

I bought the gift cards and sent them a photograph of the cards. They immediately used them to buy computers, without actually having the cards. The value of the cards went to zero.

Their bank account had no money. I was not reimbursed.

I was then out of $10,000.

You need to contact your local police department at your soonest. Time is running out for any chance of seeing any of those funds again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">