+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    isaacheung is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGuru View Post
    **A: then file a complaint with BBB, ripoff report, state consumer protection office etc.
    I just googled "citimortgage scam" and found tons of complaints, for example,

[url=http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/mortgage-application-fees-c336458.html]CitiMortgage Complaints - Mortgage application fees[/url]

Any suggestion on making this as a class action?
    cosine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigner View Post
    Your employment couldn't be verified...don't you get it? You didn't qualify for the loan. Period.
    Couldn't be ... because they didn't even try to do it. His employer was never contacted. Bank is at fault ... don't you get it? OP is a victim of a baiting technique. A member of my family was a victim of this very same practice just a couple months ago by a different (but still one of the "too big to fail") bank. They are collecting some cash flow and tons of info for all their accounts.
    debtcollector` is offline Senior Member
    I'll bet a portion of that money was for the home inspection. He isn't getting that money back.

DC
    CitiVictim is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by isaacheung View Post
    I just googled "citimortgage scam" and found tons of complaints, for example,

[url=http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/mortgage-application-fees-c336458.html]CitiMortgage Complaints - Mortgage application fees[/url]

Any suggestion on making this as a class action?
    If there is a class action i'll be the first to sign up. I am a prey of citi's unethical practice too. Exactly the same patten. Promised with an interest free credit card and then denied with a ridiculous letter. Promised with a super good interest rate on refinancing but later put a lot of burden on the loan paper work then declined the loan without refunding the application fees.