• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a reference be charged w/fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dunnome

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Someone recieved a message which indicated that a pursueing party was trying to get a hold of an individual with a possible fraud case and that the person in receipt of the message was used as a reference. If a person was used as a reference in a possible fraud case, and the actual perpetrator cannot be located, can that reference be charged with fraud? I cannot see this as possible because someone could use anyone as a reference, just disappear and make the reference accountable for fraud. Thank you for any response.

cyjeff

Someone recieved a message which indicated that a pursueing party was trying to get a hold of an individual with a possible fraud case and that the person in receipt of the message was used as a reference. If a person was used as a reference in a possible fraud case, and the actual perpetrator cannot be located, can that reference be charged with fraud? I cannot see this as possible because someone could use anyone as a reference, just disappear and make the reference accountable for fraud. Thank you for any response.
Again.

What say we stop trying to say this thing as complicated as possible and just tell us what happened?

Isis1

my paragraph puzzle for the day.

person A commited fraud.

person B was the person that was commited fraud against

person C was the person used a reference for person A. person B called person C and left a message to announce he was hunting for person A.

can person C be held accountable for the fraud person A commited since it was the only person person B could get a hold of?

i'm going to say no. unless person C really is person A in disguise.

cyjeff

Unless person C was an active and knowing participant in the fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">