• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car repo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

oldskoolcustoms

florida
We have a car customizing shop in Florida. A friend of ours brought his car in to be painted. We started to sand it but never finished it because he didnt have the money. In the meantime, he took out one of those title loans on his car, he didnt make the payments and they came to reposses. My husband informed them we had already started the work and had a signed ticket on the car. The guy knew he was getting his car repoed, so he stripped it. When the repo guy came to evaluate the car we overheard him say we dont want this car we'll have to take it to auction. My husband made a deal with the loan company to pay a lower amount and he would give us the title to the car. He said he was done dealing with that guy there was no way for him to get the car back or offer to make any more arrangements. My husband called the owner of the car and told him we were planning on buying it IF he didnt want it. He informed us no take it I dont have the money and im tired of dealing with it. So we did. He found out we bought the car for 750.00 now he is extremely upset. Now mind you his loan was alot more than 750.00 thats just what the loan company settle on for us. He is not threatening to take us to court. Is there a chance I will have to give this car back. I didnt think he would get so mad and do this. I have already painted the car plus what I put out in paying for it and the work before we even bought it.. If anyone can give me advise I would greatly appreciate it...thank you

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)He is not threatening to take us to court(QUOTE)

I'm guessing this is a typo. You have the title free and clear, he can threaten all he wants.

O

oldskoolcustoms

yes that was a typo im sorry :) thank you so much, I really wasnt that concerned but now i feel reassured again thanks for taking the time to reply

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">