• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CD questions - Family member refuses to answer- can I get his money?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marol95

A few years ago I withdrew my portion of a CD account left to me and a family member. He refuses to answer mail, phone calls, email, anything. Is it possible for me to gain access to his side of the account?

Eekamouse

A few years ago I withdrew my portion of a CD account left to me and a family member. He refuses to answer mail, phone calls, email, anything. Is it possible for me to gain access to his side of the account?
You just said you withdrew your half of the money. It's none of your business what he does with his.

davew128

You just said you withdrew your half of the money. It's none of your business what he does with his.
No...but its highly unlikely the registration on the account allows either party listed to only be able to access their "percentage ownership".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">