• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chase bank problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbennett

I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I need for this issue. After my girlfriend's purse was stolen, a lot of charges were racked up on all of her cards before we got home, including approximately $6000 from her debit card with Chase. Every credit card company reimbursed her for the transactions but Chase will not reimburse her for the fraudulent charges. What kind of lawyer should we get and does said lawyer need to be licensed in the state where the incident happened?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm not sure what kind of lawyer I need for this issue. After my girlfriend's purse was stolen, a lot of charges were racked up on all of her cards before we got home, including approximately $6000 from her debit card with Chase. Every credit card company reimbursed her for the transactions but Chase will not reimburse her for the fraudulent charges. What kind of lawyer should we get and does said lawyer need to be licensed in the state where the incident happened?
And, when you tell us her state, please also tell us the reason that Chase refuses to reimburse her.

Proserpina

Don't debit cards use PINs? Or am I riding in the caboose of the tech train?
If (like me) you ever forget your PIN (like me), there's the option of using them as a credit card if the card has a VISA logo.

Like mine.

Because I'm completely and utterly clueless.

But I think Zig's question is super important ...

tranquility

If (like me) you ever forget your PIN (like me), there's the option of using them as a credit card if the card has a VISA logo.
I remember my PIN(s), but still use it as a credit card. I don't think there is any advantage to inputting a PIN at the time of sale. (And, the possibility of a few negatives.)

OHRoadwarrior

Consult the reporting terms of the Chase card. I find it suspicious that her purse could be stolen and all her cc's charged up near their max in the short time notification should have taken place. The worst we have had was a half tank of gas, while we were on the phone with the cc company.

davew128

Consult the reporting terms of the Chase card. I find it suspicious that her purse could be stolen and all her cc's charged up near their max in the short time notification should have taken place. The worst we have had was a half tank of gas, while we were on the phone with the cc company.
Think outside the box. It's EASILY possible for her story to be entirely accurate. Go to a box store and buy a television or electronics. Keep in mind finding all the relevant contact numbers, or going to the various websites. How many accounts can you log into at a time and go through fraud reporting? Lets hear Chase's explanation before jumping to conclusions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">