• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CitiBank Summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InovermyheadXXX

OHIO

I have received a summons from the Ohio Clerk of Courts from Citi Bank. The amount owed is 25K. My wife and I have fallen on hard times. I will not go into the details but will say that housing contractors &%&%.
What are the possible repercussions from the lawyers pursuing the debt?
What are the odds that they cannot prove the debt is ours?
Any advice or options would be appreciated.
We are currently using a debt settlement company and are beginning to have successful outcomes. However, the amount required to even begin negotiations will take a while to accumulate. We are only six months into this process. The only other alternative, that I can see, is bankruptcy. If we go to court this is what is going to be said. There is not much of a choice. Citibank is not the only bank we owe money.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Bankruptcy may be a viable option for you. Sit down and have a pow-wow with a bankruptcy attorney or three.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">