• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil summons help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccbandaid

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Ok, I have received a civil summons today from a bank about a credit card I stopped paying. It says I must reply with a written answer, but to what question? There is a complaint attached, but it states the obvious, I owe them money. I have 5 days to avoid paying for the attorney, and 30 days to respond with no consequences attached. Also has a copy of my agreement with the bank attached. So what do I do now?

JETX

It says I must reply with a written answer, but to what question?
Your 'answer' is to the lawsuit filing... not a question.

There is a complaint attached, but it states the obvious, I owe them money. I have 5 days to avoid paying for the attorney, and 30 days to respond with no consequences attached. Also has a copy of my agreement with the bank attached. So what do I do now?
Sounds like you do NOT have a valid defense against the claim. I suggest you contact the attorney and try to negotiate a settlement and, if needed, a payment plan.

ccbandaid

Well thanks for that obviousness. How do I respond? I have no money for an attorney, no money to pay them back with, and they can get in line. Their not the only company I owe money to. My question should have been is there anything I can do on my own with out an attorney? Or what will happen if I do not respond. I have spoken with an attorney about filing bankruptcy and he told me to have no communication with any of them. I did not hire him yet..... don't have the money he wants either!

Last edited:

JETX

Well thanks for that obviousness. How do I respond? I have no money for an attorney, no money to pay them back with, and they can get in line. Their not the only company I owe money to. My question should have been is there anything I can do on my own with out an attorney? Or what will happen if I do not respond. I have spoken with an attorney about filing bankruptcy and he told me to have no communication with any of them. I did not hire him yet..... don't have the money he wants either!
Then... life's a bitch, huh?? Guess you shouldn't have used THEIR money to buy that 'stuff' you really didn't need, huh??

What the hell did you want from a LEGAL ADVICE forum?? I gave you legally accurate ADVICE you friggin' nitwit!!

My follow-up advice... don't answer the suit. They will get a default judgment against you and then pursue you to collect IT.

ccbandaid

Is there some reason you think you know me enough to judge me or talk/type to me in such a way?
You should not be on here reading or responding to anyone.
I suggest you stop responding to me and let someone else have a go.

Thanks -

JETX

is there some reason you think you know me enough to judge me or talk/type to me in such a way?
You should not be on here reading or responding to anyone.
I suggest you stop responding to me and let someone else have a go.

Thanks -
rotflmao!!!!!!

Antigone*

JetX was right on point especially with his secod suggestion. You have no money, and can't figure out how to answer the complaint. Any answer you give would be just excuses anyway. So save us all the pity party about no money blah blah blah.

Oh and thank your unhealthy contribution to our economy.

ccbandaid

Wow, is this the jerk with an opinion site or what? Neither one of you have even bothered to ask me any questions, or sounded professional yet************** Don't assume I haven't already tried calling them and making a settlement! Not to mention I have settled with other banks already and this is the first to say no and go through legal proceedings************** I have avoided filing bankruptcy so far and am trying to stay away from that option**************. I just don't have the money for this right now**************. I have to pay taxes on MY business, the one that has almost costed me everything, the one I work my tail off for so people like you can sit around on your butts all day and talk down to people!**************..... You want some advice, get a life**************.... I'm not the one on here pretending to be a professional legal advisor, since you two are obviously not**************.... Thanks so much for your contribution to society as jerks!**************.. blah blah blah blah**************. as much fun as this is, really**************. I'm outta here...... Thanks for wasting my time!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">